Monday 13 March 2023

The Will of Oliver Sproule of Stonecarbadagh / Brook Hill

Oliver Sproule of Stonecarbadagh or Stroancarbadagh was also known as Oliver Sproule of Brook Hill. He was the son of Oliver Sproule of Coole or Coolavanagh and Elizabeth Elliot. Oliver was born in 1787 and had a long career as a surgeon in the Royal Navy. [1]


THE WILL OF OLIVER SPROULE OF STONECARBADAGH

Will dated 18 Jan 1868

Died 22 Feb 1869 -  Probate 24 Apr 1869

 PRONI Ref T810/12, No 441

In the name of God Amen I Doctor Oliver Sproule of Stonecarbadagh in the county of Tyrone Surgeonin Her Majestys Navy Make this my last Will and Testament hereby revoking all former wills by me made. I direst all my just debts and funeral and testamentary expenses to be paid by my Trustees and Executors hereinafter named out of my personaland real estate. 

I devise and bequeath to my sisters Rebecca Sproule and Elizabeth Sproule and to the survivor of them during their and her natural life all my estate and interest in the town and lands of Stonecarbadagh and the turf bog thereof they and the survivor of them supported thereout. Mrs Sarah Cuthbertson and her family as thy have heretofore been supported and permitted them the like use of the House and premises as heretofore and sufficient clothing schooling and other necessary requisites at the discretion of my Executors hereinafter named and from and after the death of the last survivors of my said sisters I devise and bequeath all my said lands of Stoncarbadagh and the turf bog therof to said Mrs Sarah Cuthbertson her heirs and assigns forever with power for her to dispose thereof to and amongst her present children in such shares and proportions as she by Deed or Will shall appoint and think fit and in the event of her death before the death of the last surviving of my sisters and in the event of her not having made any such appointment to and amongst her children I devise in such event all said lands of Stonecarbadagh and all my bogtherein to the children of said Sara Cuthbertson share and share alike. 

I bequeath to said Sarah Cuthbertson all my goods and chattels in and about my farm in Stonecarbadagh aforesaid she permitting my said sisters the use of same or such portions thereof as my Executors shall think they may require during their joint lives and the life of the survivor of them they to have the like and same use and enjoyment therof as they have heretofore had. I appoint said Sarah Cutbertson (and in the event of her death before me) all her children share and share alike my residuary Legatee and Legatees and I nominate John Houston and Fleming Houston both of Ballynahatty, John Houston Junior of Edergole and said Sarah Cuthbertson Executors and executrix of this my Will and James Greer Junr of Omagh, Guardian. Dated this 18th day of January 1868. Oliver Sproule, signed and declared by the testator as for his last will and testament in our presence who in our presence and in presence of each other have signed our names, Fleming Houston, James Greer Jr Solr. Omagh John Murphy, Omagh

 

"Marriage of Sarah Sproule. On the 7th inst by the Rev John Porter, Ballynahetty, Mr John Cuthbertson of Canada West to Sarah, daughter of Mr Oliver Sproul, Brook-hill, Omagh." Belfast News Letter, Tuesday, 19 Sep 1843

[1] See also The Family of Oliver Sproule of Stroancarbadagh and Oliver Gustaf Sproule Jacobs and Oliver Gustaf Sproule Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment